Lighting on Adjacent Properties
Description: Please sign-in to view the provision. Or, view a sample below.
Don't have an account?
Here is a sample Zoning Provision below. See another sample provision.
Provision: Discretion Residing With Development Officer (Sample)
The Development Officer may:
- issue a development permit for those applications which constitute permitted uses in a zone and comply with the minimum standards for that zone;
- refer to the Committee for recommendation all applications which constitute conditionally permitted uses or uses in his judgment to be similar in character and purpose;
- issue a development permit with appropriate conditions for those applications, which, although constituting permitted uses in that zone, do not comply with the minimum standards for that zone but may be reasonably made to so comply by conforming with the conditions;
- refer any application for development of permitted or conditionally permitted uses to any municipal officer or department for comment;
- refuse any application which constitutes a permitted use if in his opinion utility services are not readily available to the land or the proposed development will detract from the character or appearance of the general development in the area; and,
- issue a permit for those applications for development not specified in the list of permitted or conditionally permitted uses in the zone in which the development is proposed, but appear, in his opinion, to be similar in character and purpose to other permitted or conditionally permitted uses in the said zone.
See another sample provision
Learn more about accessing The Zoning Trilogy.